Monday, November 2, 2015

The One That's About Me....

NaBloPoMo Post #2

Let Me Introduce Myself

 

It has occurred to me that since I am cross posting on Blogher I might have some visitors to this dusty old blog who don't know me. So for my second post I'll do a quick introduction. 

I've been blogging since 2005. I started on AOL Journals just for fun, mostly writing about my husband and kids and work. It wasn't long before I had got to know some really nice and talented bloggers with whom I still keep in touch. I was part of a blogging community we called J-Land (Journal Land). We have watched each others kids grow up, shared in good times and bad, said tearful goodbyes to some online friends who have shuffled off this mortal coil, and essentially become close to people all over the world whom I have never and probably will never meet in real life. 

In 2008 AOL let us know that AOL Journals was closing down, and most of us transferred our journals to Blogspot. (See my Archives in my sidebar for the posts made pre-Blogspot.) Not long after that Facebook really exploded and many of us don't blog as often, but have stayed friends  on Facebook. I still keep up with some through their blogs, though.

I am 49 with 50 looming on the horizon. My husband Thomas and I have been married 28 years. We live in Southern Indiana, although I was born and raised in Kentucky and he in Alabama. He is black, and I am white. We both come from rather large, very rural families. 

Our son Andrew is 26, and our daughter Eler Beth is 19. They are the things I am most proud of in my life! We're hoping to add Andrew's girlfriend Alexandria to the family some day soon. But, shh, I'm not supposed to pressure them....

I have worked for a newspaper as a writer and as a layout artist. I have done a lot of clerical and secretarial work. I have been a proofreader, and I've done some ghostwriting. I became a stay-at-home wife and mother and homeschooling mom in 2007. I miss the home schooling, but, you know, once they graduate they don't like it when you still try to give them lessons....

I stay busy, and this month I've really bitten off a mouthful. I'm doing NaNoWriMo AND NaBloPoMo. I'm sort of hoping it will kick-start me out of a writing rut I've been in lately. I hope to meet some new bloggers out of this also, and if you're visiting my blog for the first time, "Welcome!" And I hope you'll come by again.

I hope everynyan is doing well.

~ ~ Lori
 

2 comments:

Puppy said...

That sounds like a full time job!

Puppy said...

Lovely to read all about you. Good luck with your double blogging.