Sunday, March 18, 2012

"When Love Comes Knocking At Your Door"

Day 18 of 31 Days of The Monkees:

KY Wildcats are in the Sweet 16. Unfortunately they'll next be playing IU. Actually I don't care that they'll be playing IU, but for some people that will be a problem -- who to root for? I felt that way in the first round when they played Western KY University, because I really like The Hilltoppers, but they never really had any chance against UK. U of L made it to the Sweet 16 as well, but who cares? lol I'm sorry. I only ever get aggressive during tourney time. It's a flaw in my character. Just let me say this one last thing, and then I'll stop: At least Lehigh knocked Duke out in the FIRST ROUND!!!

Thank you for indulging me. I'll shut up now. I bleed Blue in March; I just can't help it!

Okay, today's song is "When Love Comes Knocking At Your Door", written by Carole Bayer Sager and Neil Sedaka, with Davy singing lead. It's a well-written song and seemed to be just right for Davy's voice. From the second album, "More of The Monkees":

Lyrics:

When love comes knockin’ at your door
Just open up and let him in;
It's gonna be a magic carpet ride,
So little girl now don't you run and hide.

I know that you've been hurt before,
But don't you be afraid no more;
Throw off the chains that bind
And leave the past behind,
When love comes knockin’ at your door.

(I know)
When love comes knockin’ at your door,
(That you're afraid of loving me)
Just open up and let him in;
(But don't you fight it, and you'll see)
It's gonna to be a magic carpet ride,
(That loving me won't make you high)
So little girl now don't you run and hide.

(Cause baby I)
You'll see a rainbow every day,
(I know that you've been hurt before)
The sun will shine in everywhere;
(But don't you be afraid no more)
Throw off the chains that bind
And leave the past behind,
No need to worry anymore
When love comes knocking at your door,
At your door, at your door, at your door





"Mary, Mary"

"No Time"

"Randy Scouse Git"

"Zor and Zam"

"Valleri"

"Mr. Webster"

"The Girl I Knew Somewhere"

"Zilch"

"Shades of Gray"

"She"


"Your Aunty Grizelda"

"Pleasant Valley Sunday"

"Last Train To Clarksville"

"Papa Gene's Blues"

"This Just Doesn't Seem to be my Day"

"I'm Gonna Buy Me A Dog"

"Early Morning Blues and Greens"

No comments: