Tuesday, March 27, 2012

"Head" and "Porpoise Song"

Day 27 of 31 Days of The Monkees:

I guess a tribute to The Monkees wouldn't be complete without mentioning the movie "Head." I saw "Head" once many years ago, and don't actually remember what I thought about it. Isn't that terrible? I do like a couple of the songs from the album, "Purpoise Song", in particular. I've read and heard good and bad comments about the movie, so I need to watch it again to make up my own mind. Click on the link to read about the movie in Wikipedia. Got some bad news today about a good friend of our family, and I just really don't feel like writing much about "Head" right now. (Think I've got a cold, too; feeling very lethargic.)

But below are the following videos: "Porpoise Song", the theme song from the movie; a trailer for the movie; a promo for the movie, and a Fan-Made trailer, which I actually like a lot better than the trailer Columbia Pictures made.

Porpoise Song:



Trailer:



Promo for Head:



Fan-made trailer:




"I'm A Believer"

Fairy Tale

The Monkees Screen Tests

"What Am I Doing Hanging Round?"

"Star Collector"

"Daily Nightly"

"Love Is Only Sleeping"

"The Door Into Summer"

"When Love Comes Knocking At Your Door"

"Mary, Mary"

"No Time"

"Randy Scouse Git"

"Zor and Zam"

"Valleri"

"Mr. Webster"

"The Girl I Knew Somewhere"

"Zilch"

"Shades of Gray"

"She"


"Your Aunty Grizelda"

"Pleasant Valley Sunday"

"Last Train To Clarksville"

"Papa Gene's Blues"

"This Just Doesn't Seem to be my Day"

"I'm Gonna Buy Me A Dog"

"Early Morning Blues and Greens"

No comments: