Saturday, March 3, 2012

"This Just Doesn't Seem To Be My Day"

Day 3 of 31 Days of The Monkees

Actually, this was a pretty good day for me. Of course we woke up to reports of more deaths and lots of footage from yesterday's tornadoes. This was the weekend that we had planned to go to the Maple Syrup Festival which we attend every year near Salem, IN. To get there we had to take the exit that goes to Henryville, IN, which was wiped out, so we saw some of the devastation that was near the interstate. It really does look like a war zone when something like this happens, doesn't it?

The festival went on as planned, and today was a very sunny, very pretty day, although a brisk breeze was blowing. Some friends went with us, and we had a nice time. Thomas had to work this afternoon, so we didn't stay too late. Then later today Eler Beth and I went to Orange Leaf for some frozen yogurt -- Key Lime Pie with granola is my personal favorite!

Found out that the little town where Thomas has some hunting property was hit hard and had four deaths. Several communities in KY were hit hard as well, especially West Liberty, KY near Moorehead University where Andrew has some friends. So far no one we know has suffered more than some minor damage. I have a feeling this won't be the last of the bad storms this year.

Today's song is a simple little melody from The Monkees' first album, written by Boyce & Hart, with Davy on lead. It's a fun one to sing along with, and is a nice pick-me-up if you've had a rough day. Hope you enjoy.

Lyrics:


I guess I should have stayed in bed,
My pillow wrapped around my head.
Instead of waking up to find
A nightmare of a different kind.
She went away.

This just doesn't seem to be my day.

She didn't have to say a lot,
Her pretty eyes revealed the plot.
'Twas someone else she wanted more,
And so I walked her to the door.
What could I say?
This just doesn't seem to be my day.

My, oh my, how sad am I.
How I wish she would have stayed
This just doesn't seem to be my day.

My whole world is upside down,
She turned my smile into a frown.
It's such a pity the shape I'm in,
I must get on my feet again.
Can't stay this way
This just doesn't seem to be my day.




Day 1: Early Morning Blues and Greens


Day 2: I'm Gonna Buy Me A Dog

1 comment:

TARYTERRE said...

So sad about the devastation and lives lost.