Friday, November 26, 2010

Wacky Weather

I'm going to blame my kids being sick on the wacky weather we've been having. It' up, it's down, it's up, it's down. It rained all night Wednesday, all day Thursday, and most of the night Thursday. We briefly had a bit of snow mixed in, but not enough to either do any damage or be pretty. Today was sunny but cold.

Andrew is pretty much over his cold; he almost always gets over them quickly -- takes after his Dad. But Eler Beth is still pretty miserable. She coughed most of the night and what sleep she did get wasn't very restful. She doesn't seem to have an infection, though. There's no fever, or if there is, it's very low-grade. Her glands aren't swollen, no blisters in her throat, no painful sinuses, and the congestion is loose. She is coughing and sneezing, but she's getting rid of the congestion, so that's good, it's just miserable.

She's resting now, and I've only heard her cough in her sleep a few times. I have been babying myself as well as her because I don't want to catch it even if it is just a cold. Momma can't afford to get sick right now!

Only four more days of NaBloPoMo, and then, I'm afraid, I'll probably only post a few times a month. But it has been nice being here every day. Hope everyone is safe and healthy out there.

3 comments:

Barbara In Caneyhead said...

We've had the crazy unseasonably warm and then near freezing cold here. I think the up and down of the humidity and barametric pressure is the worst part. Every single person I know is sneezing, sorting, coughing or something.

Y'all take care.

Barbara
Life & Faith in Caneyhead

Ken Riches said...

Hope everything returns to normal soon. Sick during the holidays is no fun.

ADB said...

Hope everybody gets better soon. Weather just as wacky here as it is your end, Lori. Erm, why not make December a NaBloPoMo as well?