Monday, November 1, 2010

First Day

Okay, so this is my official NaBloPoMo for today, although I don't really have much to say. Eler Beth did MUCH better with her first post of the month.

Of course I can excuse myself by saying that I was trying very hard to get 1,667 words written for NaNoWriMo, and that took priority. I made it to just under 1,300. Close enough! There were also other things to do today, like teach school, clean, cook, do laundry, and run errands.

So how am I going to make time to write? I'm going to try to set aside 90 minutes each morning just for writing. And I'm going to MAKE myself write before I check Facebook or email. Thomas leaves for work at 6 a.m., so between that time and 7:30 I should be able to get some good writing in. Then it's breakfast and morning routines, and then school. The only problem is that many mornings Eler Beth is already up at 6 a.m. This morning she got up at 5!!! (But I love it the challenge!)

Okay, so that's it for today. I'll try to be a bit more interesting tomorrow. I have all kinds of subjects to write about running about in my head, but I'm too sleepy to write about them tonight. Until tomorrow, then!

5 comments:

Yasmin said...

I started today and didn't get the required word count but have planned better for the week.

Good luck

Yasmin
xx

Martha said...

You know I'm in again for this year for Nablopomo, my daughter always does Nanowrimo.

I look forward to visiting often this month :-)

Anonymous said...

I think when the pressure is on, interesting things get stifled a bit. Whenever I've had to write something, I find myself at first retooling versions of the same thing I have written in the past. Then I go back & do over.

Unknown said...

Good goal - hope it works out for you! I cannot be that productive in the mornings, I need evening and around this house, good luck with that, lol.

ADB said...

1 down, 29 to go