Saturday, November 20, 2010

Rollin', Rollin', Rollin'



We had a skating party with friends tonight, and it was a lot of fun. And no, I did not skate. There's too much damage that could be done to this back, believe me! But I enjoyed watching those who did.

Eler Beth is a very go
od skater, and she gets it from her daddy. I love watching Thomas skate. He grew up going to skating parties in the 70s. It was funny -- two of the guys there grew up with Thomas, and the three of them were the best skaters out there. They really showed up those kids, with their dancing and speed skating. I must take a video camera with me next time. Two little kids came up to Thomas afterward and told him he was "the best skater EVER!"

Afterward several of us went to CiCi's to eat, and we ended up staying
there for about two hours talking. I got to catch up with a friend from my teenage years whom I hadn't seen in a while. She has a daughter just a bit younger than Eler Beth, and they exchanged phone numbers.

It was a really nice evening and a good mix of adults our age and young ones Eler Beth's age, most of whom she wa
s already friends with, but a few that she met for the first time. I think we're going to try to get a big group together and do this again in January. We had a great time, but...

Thomas is REALLY going to be sore in the morning! LOL

7 comments:

Paula said...

I loved to skate in my teen years. I had the metal skates with a key on a string around my neck and we skated on a cement slab.

Lori said...

I added pics for you Paula!

Ken Riches said...

Skating was a hoot, glad you has semi-fun.

Donna. W said...

I never was any good at skating.

Gerry said...

I would love to have been there to see Thomas skate. That is like Ron, my younger kids' dad who grew up skating in Columbus, Ohio, and shocked me with his graceful dancing and spinning on skates. Ronda does the dancing but not the skating, west coast swing. Maybe her dad will inspire Eler Beth to greater heights on skates.

Anonymous said...

I think I would have appreciated the "wake-up" picture of Thomas.
~Mary

Barbara In Caneyhead said...

Used to skate to "Sugar, Sugar" by the Archies on an old wooden floored rink under ceiling fans. Pink pom-poms on my white roller skates.