Tuesday, April 21, 2009

No School Today. The Teacher is Sick!



I don't feel well. And I need a "poor baby" or two.

Actually I feel a lot better than I did last night or even when I got up this morning, but still not well. I did lessons yesterday, but today I'm indulging myself and staying in bed. Thera-flu and Mucinex and hot tea have done a lot to make me feel halfway human. I must have read at least six blogs whose bloggers describe having the same thing I have, so I guess it's just a spring cold. If I keep feeling better, no doctor, but if I feel the same tomorrow I'm going to break down and go. Thomas had planned on making a doctor's appointment today for himself, but he got up feeling so much better that he changed his mind.

So here I lie, with my favorite soft, cuddly blanket around me, my tissues handy, my cup of hot tea, my computer, my phone, my ipod, my tv remote, and two or three books that I'm reading. I'm not sure what Eler Beth is doing right now, but I told her that I wasn't even going to give her an assignment to do on her own -- she has the day off! I haven't heard from her since! No, seriously, she is in the living room talking to her new bird and working to socialize him -- I can hear her. I haven't had to cook for anyone. There are plenty of leftovers and quick-fix items in the frig, so they can just take care of themselves today. Now is a good time to catch up with some more blogs, so that's what I'm going to do. Until I get sleepy and drift off, that is.

If you are sick, I hope you get to feeling better very, very soon. If you aren't sick, I hope you don't get sick. And whether you are sick or not, I hope you have a very good week.

Take care!

6 comments:

Beth said...

Poor baby!

There's one. Can anyone second? :)

Sorry you're feeling crummy. Mine and Ken's lasted about 4 days total, so I'm hoping this will be close to the end of it for you. Feel better soon!

Hugs, Beth

ADB said...

Get well soon, Lori!

Lynne said...

Sounds like you have what my husband had and mom. I had it back in Dec-Jan. Not fun! Blessings to you and hope you feel better soon!

sober white women said...

get better soon! We can't have a sick mommy. LOL
Kelli

Gayla said...

(((Lori)))
Sorry you're not feeling well. Don't you just love having all your gadgets handy when your under the weather? What else could a gal need? (lol) As I'm typing out this comment, I notice that I've got my two books I'm reading, my MP3 player (SanDisk-love it), my laptop of course, TV remote and my notebook. You and I are way too alike! (lol)
Get well soon and take good care :)
Huggers, Gayla

Anne said...

Feel better soon. Is it cool and rainy there? It was 102 degrees in the shade here today. HOT! Anne