Monday, November 12, 2018

NaBloPoMo Sixth Post!

Six Days Late!

Oh well! I haven't managed to do a post every day.  This is the first time I've failed at NaBloPoMo -- well, failed in that I've missed multiple days. But I still plan to make 30 posts this month, even though some days will be multiple-post days.

I started feeling bad last week with a head cold/sinus congestion/sneezing/maybe allergies/who-knows-what kind of thing. I have not run a fever and it hasn't gotten bad, so I didn't take off work last week, but I just didn't feel up to much when I got home each evening. I had four days off in a row to look forward to, and I'm on that third day right now. I don't go back to work until Wednesday. I'm monitoring myself and treating my cold symptoms in order to make sure that I don't -- or haven't -- contracted something contagious. I work with newborn babies, so I can't work if I think I might be contagious. I usually take Claritin and Flonase every morning, and that usually keeps my congestion away, but I ran out of Claritin and kept forgetting to stop to get more, and when I do that for a few days in a row, then I can get head congestion that takes longer to get rid of. I really do think that that, plus our onset of colder weather and some long, stressful days, have resulted in what I am now experiencing.

Saturday I didn't do much of anything, just tea and naps on the couch with the dogs. Yesterday was more of the same with a bit of housecleaning and a visit by our son and his wife yesterday evening. Today I'm again taking it easy and actually feel like blogging, so here it is, such as it is.



Things I want to blog about, in no particular order:

• Dog-sitting
• My job
• Our daughter's wedding
• Our daughter's illness
• Pets
• My mother
• My sisters and brother
• My father
• Some visits to some past blog posts
• Home schooling

Seems like there is enough fodder there to fill out the rest of the month, doesn't it?

So, I will try to post every day, perhaps a few posts today, and we'll see if I can catch up. I not only feel like blogging today but like reading other blogs as well, so hopefully I still have some readers (!!), and hopefully I'll see you around the blogosphere!

Ta for now,

~~ Lori


1 comment:

Margaret said...

It sounds like an interesting list of blog topics! What you have seems to be going around in this area too; I'm hoping to escape it. Look forward to your posts, no matter when they happen! :)