Saturday, April 7, 2018

Six Days to Go...


Today was my girl's last Saturday as a single lady!




So we went shopping lol.  I finally found my shoes for the wedding. I'd been putting it off and putting it off. I've given up looking for the "perfect" dress. I like the one I bought fine, and Eler Beth likes it, which is what matters. It fits and is comfortable. It will do. I've shopped in every department store and designer boutique in Southern Indiana and Kentucky -- well, at least in a 20-or-so-mile radius of my house. It IS possible to be TOO picky, after all.

Thomas has spent the past week dealing with some major plumbing issues at our house -- this is not the time we need to be dealing with plumbing issues!! So my brother-in-law Bill (P.J.'s husband) and my nephew Brad came up yesterday AND today to help him get it all sorted out. It was so extremely nice of them, and they wouldn't accept payment for any of the hard work they did. Bradley, especially is rather adept at figuring out plumbing problems. I'm not sure how we'll ever repay them. We didn't need to be dealing with it right now, and we certainly didn't need to be paying a big plumber's bill. They fixed the issues we had AND replaced a LOT of pipe AND installed an extra clean out under the house. I love my family!

So, six days and counting!

~~ Lori



3 comments:

Margaret said...

Plumbing issues are the pits! I expect a photo of your dress and shoes, eventually. I've found a dress I love on a website (on a 30 year, 90 pound model, but still...) I'm terrified to order it though. Here it is, but I would order it in grape: https://www.jjshouse.com/A-Line-Princess-Scoop-Neck-Tea-Length-Chiffon-Mother-Of-The-Bride-Dress-With-Beading-Sequins-Cascading-Ruffles-008062529-g62529

Paula said...

Bad timing for plumbing problems but good your family can help. Anxious to see you in your dress and Eler Beth will be beautiful.

TARYTERRE said...

great you had someone you could trust with the plumbing issues.