Monday, June 8, 2009

Monday, Monday

I am so behind in reading journals. I knew that this evening I wanted to visit a few Blogger friends, but the task seemed a bit overwhelming -- where to start? So I decided I'd start by returning a visit to everyone who commented on my last post, eight kind souls. That was a beginning, at least! I dropped by and read all of their June posts, and that's about the extent of catching up that I can do today I'm afraid! I'll do a few more tomorrow and so on and hopefully get by to say hello to everyone by the end of the week.

My brother's surgery went well last week. He had the aneurysm in his groin taken care of (repaired? what is the word?), and he had two arteries unclogged. They did not have to do a graft (I think that's right) below the knee like they thought they would. He has really good blood flow in that leg now. I was there once when they were checking it with the Doppler, and it sounded great! He went home on Friday, which was a day earlier than the best estimate, and he is doing well, as long as they can keep him from getting up on his own. To get up out of a chair or out of bed he is supposed to have assistance, because he is not to put any pressure on his groin at all for a while.

We went to the graduation party of a dear young friend of ours on Saturday. Some of you may remember the young girls who lost their mother to suicide last year. The elder of the two graduated from high school Saturday. She seems to be doing very well; they both are, really, although the younger is still having some tough issues to deal with.

I guess everything is well with us. The weather has been nice, and it's time to mow the yard again. I'm hoping I'll have a bit more time to write and blog now that Alton's surgery is over and a few other things are taken care of.

I have some window treatments that need to be taken down and freshened up, and that is on the agenda for tomorrow. Woo Hoo, exciting, huh? I'll try to get back on here at some point too. So, until then . . . .


13 comments:

Cathy said...

Absolutely great news about brother, VERY glad to hear things were repaired - will he keep off his feet lol? O yes - please don't EVER "apologize" when you don't blog or visit others for awhile, I'm noticing people doing that and it makes no sense, this is YOUR country, you don't have to "check in" and as for OTHER people's countries you're always invited so why make it a chore? If it's not a pleasure why do it? Hey I'm guilty of the same thing, I actually apologized, can u believe it? APOLOGIZED to people for not blogging sooner. Isn't that odd? Please don't fret about not posting or visiting or anything you don't have time for, or the inclination to do. I'd rather read one good entry than keep with with 100 I don't really enjoy. So that's my humblest op.

LYN said...

good news about your brother..i just posted too...;-)

Pamela said...

Great news!! Glad things are going well!

sober white women said...

I am glad that your brother is doing good. I had the cleaning bug yesterday, but I am not sure if I will catch it again today! I guess I will have to wait and see.
Kelli

Beth said...

Don't worry about not being able to get around to all blogs! It's that time of year, and I find myself wanting to sit outside and read, or work in the garden, rather than sit in front of the computer. I'm still reading, but definitely not commenting as much. This is where Facebook is so handy for keeping up with people! Hugs, Beth

Missie said...

I'm so glad your brother is doing well!

Lisa said...

Me too, way behind reading journals. Hope you have a wonderful summer my friend!
Hugs,
Lisa in Kentucky

Ken Riches said...

How special that the graduation was good for her. Glad that all is well with your brother as well :o)

ADB said...

Good to hear about your brother's surgery, hope he recovers well.

Rose said...

we always worry about family don't we? I love it when things are blah and boring...easier to relax then!

Yasmin said...

I'm so behind too so i started with yours as it seemed apt..lol. also I haven't posted anything in an age...

Glad to hear your brother is ok and recovering well.

Take care

Yasmin
xx

Lori J said...

Hi Lori, Will be praying for a speedy recovery for your brother..
Hope you have a blessed week.

Love ALBERTA Lori

PS I always put my name like this because there are two of us...

Monae said...

Hello. My name is Monae. I came upon your blog and I found it rather interesting. I thought I would leave you a comment to let you know that I visited your blog. Thank you for sharing your life with us. Do take care.